A big thank you goes out to Aroundaboutmunich (www.aroundaboutmunich.de) for nominating us, we really appreciate it.
‘ Dear Inken, we find your blog one of a kind and we personally enjoy reading about every new adventure you experience . We love your photos and humor!’
Laura and Kiki from Munichmom
( P.S. As our blog is a solely English-speaking blog, we allowed ourselves to translate the questions from German into English.The blogs we are nominating are welcome to answer our questions in German 🙂 )
Eleven questions to Munichmom from Aroundaboutmunich.
1. Since when have you been blogging:
Kiki :Munichmom went live on Halloween last year, so to be precise October 31st 2014
2. Where do you get the inspiration from your blog
Laura : Munichmom was initially created as a response to so many questions about life (with or without kids) in Munich. We both wanted to share the positive sides of the city with other English speakers . (P.S.) As I was reading Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s “Americanah” I was fascinated by the protagonists adventures writing her blog.
3. Which social media platform do you use to market you blog?
Kiki : We use Facebook, twitter and instagram
4. Which of our posts should one read to get an authentic feel of your blog ?
Kiki: Books, Kids and Food, not in this order, are things we love…therefore the following links sum us up perfectly:
http://wp.me/p5bcsF-jD Meet Firoozeh Dumas
http://wp.me/p5bcsF-kT Meet Piep, Half pig Half Sheep
http://wp.me/p5bcsF-j4 BLB……. A great burger experience.
http://wp.me/p5bcsF-2N Who said you cannot have your cake and eat it too?
5. Which is your most clicked article?
Laura : Interestingly enough, “The Experiment”, was our most clicked article.
As we were both experiencing a power struggle with our 6 year olds, I allowed my 6-year-old daughter to take control and choose my outfit for 6 days. It made it for a colorful, mind-blowing and interesting adventure.
Check it out:http://wp.me/p5bcsF-fB
6. What would you never write about ?
Kiki: Politics, it is too polarizing and leads to animosity, which is not what our blog is about. However, we are both politically active.
7. Which topics would you like to explore more ?
Kiki and Laura : Fashion
8. What did you need to learn as you started blogging:
Laura : I, personally, was not much of an IT specialist, but was very happy to learn from my partner’s expertise and get support from her. Also, I needed to learn that a blog does not need to be impeccable to go live; we see blogs as works in progress. If you do not jump in, you will never start.
9. Do you have a ritual when you write?
Laura : Yes, I need to write on my laptop, and cannot, for the life of me, jot down notes with my iPad or mobile phone.
10. Did blogging change anything in your everyday life ?
Kiki: Yes, I come across people who read our blog and have positive feedback, without knowing that I ( we) am Munichmom.
11 How does your perfect day look to you?
Laura: Breakfast with the New York Times, has always done it for me. Nowadays I have to be content with the online version 🙂
Since I have been in Munich, my perfect day entails Bayern Klassik Radio and a fresh copy of the Süddeutsche Zeitung
At this time we would like to nominate the following blogs: @wahlmuenschenerin @jkstein, @dominik-moser, @chimamanda, @antjewewer, @laptopsandlederhosen, @isarblog.
Theses are Munichmom’s 11 questions to you.
1 When did you start blogging and why?
2 Were you ever afraid of losing your anonymity through your blog?
3 Does your family read your blog? How do they react to it?
4 Is there a blog or a type of blogs you dislike?
5 Which blog do you wish you had written?
6 What is the USP of your blog?
7 How much time do you spend blogging every day?
8 Have you ever done a blog tour?
9 How do you see the future of your blog?
10 What was the longest time you went without checking your blog?
11 Is there anything you would change about your blog ?
The Liebster Award Rules.
- Thank you the person who nominated you for the Liebster award, and link his or her blog to your article.
- Answer all 11 question of the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers for the Liebster Award.
- Write a new list of 11 questions for the blogger that you nominated
- Re -write the Liebster Award’s rules in your article
- Inform the bloggers that you nominated in your article.